Jockey Club Estates owns and manages more than 5000 acres at the racing centres of Newmarket and Lambourn used to train 2800 thoroughbreds stabled in and around the respective areas. We are also responsible for a property portfolio and the Jockey Club Rooms. We prioritise our environmental responsibilities and strive to incorporate sustainable principles in our business.
Jockey Club Estates work with the group’s Sustainability Executive to ensure that we implement steps to reduce our impact on the environment without affecting the quality of the customer experience.
The sustainability strategy is constantly evolving and we have a mixture of short and longer term objectives to help achieve our aims. Some of the objectives that we have already completed and continue to work on include:
- An ongoing decrease in annual energy consumption.
- An increase in the proportion of waste recycled.
- An ongoing tree planting and woodland management scheme.
- All of our promotional literature is printed on recycled paper.
- Incorporating environmental credentials in our procurement decisions
- A cycle to work scheme for our staff.
- The Catering team source products locally where possible.
- The installation of a biomass boiler to provide heating and hot water to the Jockey Club Rooms in Newmarket.
- Management of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in partnership with Natural England.
We are always looking for ideas to reduce the impact of Jockey Club Estates on the local and wider environment. If you have any suggestions, we would be delighted to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org